These 45-minute classes focus on flexibility, strength and the floor portion of traditional gymnastics. Students learn special tumbling skills that are used by choreographers throughout many genres of dance. During the class, special floor mats are used while students are working to perfect a skill. Our professionally trained instructors spot students to safely perform advanced tumbling skills as they are being taught.
Each tumbling class begins with a warm-up and stretching to prevent injury. During class the instructor will implement drills for the students to work on to help them gain the strength needed for the skills in their level. Students in Tumbling 1 level master the basics such as forward and backward rolls, bridges, 1 and 2 hand cartwheels, headstand and handstands. In Tumbling 2 level the dancers move onto learning round offs, dive rolls, front and back walkovers, and many cartwheel progressions. During Tumbling 2 students will also continue to work on headstand and handstand skills and may begin variations of elbow and chin stands and elbow cartwheels, depending on handstand ability. In Tumbling 3 students work on aerials, back handsprings, spider, and Valdez. In our highest level, Tumbling 4, students work on learning front aerial, standing back tucks, back handspring step-outs and various advanced tumbling passes.
You must be at least 8 years of age to enroll in the basic tumbling class. Class placement is determined by the Tumbling Instructor.
Tumbling Class Schedule
- Tumbling 1 – Mondays from 6:45-7:30 p.m. or Saturdays from 12:00-12:45 p.m.
- Tumbling 1/2 – Tuesdays from 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- Tumbling 2 – Saturdays from 12:45-1:30 p.m.
- Tumbling 2/3 – Mondays from 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- Tumbling 3 – Saturdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tumbling 3/4 – Mondays 7:30-8:30 p.m. and/or Tuesdays from 5:15-6:00 p.m.
- Tumbling 4 – Saturdays from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tumbling 4/5 – Tuesdays from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Tumbling 5 – Mondays from 5:45-6:45 p.m. and/or Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tricks for Dancers – Tuesdays from 6:45-7:30 p.m.
- Katie Dean
- Jordyn Smith