Hip Hop Classes
Our Hip Hop dance classes follow current trends seen in movies, music videos, and television, and run between 45 to 60 minutes per class. Come prepared for high-energy, non-stop movement that will make you work up a sweat! Dancers develop coordination and musicality through the incorporation of popping and locking elements, isolations, and freestyle movement. Hip Hop Dance is constantly changing, and this class gives students the opportunity to develop their own unique style.
Each class begins with warm-up exercises that increase the students’ stamina and flexibility while teaching technique. Conditioning exercises are used to increase both upper and lower body strength. Center and cross-floor combinations are employed to teach choreography and improve technique. As students reach a more advanced level, they may work on improvisation as a way to create their own style and movements. As they continue to progress, increased attention to detail, complex sequencing, and use of intricate rhythms in movement are applied to the class, and movement is also taught at a faster pace. This better prepares our students for the rigors of auditioning and professional level jobs. The increasing importance of stage presence is not lost on our instructors, and our focus does not solely lay in technique. Our hip hop dance faculty encourages the use of stage presence during class as a way to teach students to connect with the audience and as a means of personal expression.
Vibe Dance Studio offers many levels of Hip Hop dance classes. Students are placed based on age, experience, and ability. Hip Hop classes are offered to students age four and older.
Hip Hop Class Schedule
- Mini Hip Hop – Mondays from 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- Hip Hop 6-8 Year-Olds – Tuesdays 5:15-6:00 p.m. and/or Fridays from 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- Hip Hop 9-11 Year-Olds – Tuesdays from 6:00-6:45 p.m. and/or Fridays from 6:15-7:00 p.m.
- Hip Hop 9-11 Intermediate – Mondays from 7:45-8:30 p.m.
- Hip Hop 9-11 Advanced – Mondays from 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Hip Hop 12+ Beginners – Mondays from 8:30-9:15 p.m.
- Hip Hop 12+ Intermediate – Mondays from 5:15-6:00 p.m. and/or Tuesdays from 7:30-8:15 p.m.
- Hip Hop 12+ Advanced – Mondays from 6:45-7:45 p.m. and/or Fridays from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Hip Hop Fusion – Tuesdays from 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Junior TikTok Trends – Tuesdays from 6:45-7:30 p.m.
Hip Hop Faculty
- Aneeka Acode
- Avery Gardner
- Alexis Iverson