Jazz classes at Vibe mix high energy movement with contemporary, popular and classical Jazz music. This style focuses on stylized movement through improvement of flexibility and technique. It emphasizes musicality and body alignment. Students will progress in ability to dance complex rhythms and patterns while working on performance qualities. They will be introduced to many jazz dance styles including, but not limited to, contemporary and classical Broadway movement.
All classes include a proper warm-up with stretching, strengthening and body isolations. Focus is placed on proper alignment to ensure the dancers are ready to progress to across-the-floor and center combinations that comes later in class.
In the beginning levels, our students focus on learning the fundamentals and accompanying vocabulary. As dancer’s advance through the levels they will learn intricate and more complex movement and rhythms. Dancers will learn to perform with more dynamic qualities. In our advanced levels students will learn advanced variations of common leaps, turns, and jumps. aspire attempt
Our jazz classes range from 45-minutes to one hour in length, depending on level. Students are placed by Vibe Faculty depending upon age and technical ability. Jazz classes are offered to students age 6 and older.
Jazz Class Schedule
- Jazz 1 – Thursdays from 5:15-6:00 p.m.
- Jazz 1/2 – Saturdays from 11:15 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Jazz 2 – Thursdays from 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Jazz 3 – Wednesdays from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Jazz 4 – Wednesdays from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Jazz 5 – Wednesdays from 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Jazz 6 – Wednesdays from 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Jazz 7 – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Jazz 8 – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Teen Jazz – Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Grace Amirehteshami
- Katie Dean
- Tyler Duncan
- Stephanie Zurinsky